Residential Students Meal Plan
It is the responsibility of each student to monitor the amount of meals and auxiliary points they use each semester. Your auxiliary points can be used to purchase à la carte items such as Chef Fresh items, candy, bagged snacks and bottled beverages. Aux points roll over into the Spring Semester of 2021, but will not roll into Fall 2021. Auxiliary points can also be spent in the library at Besse Bites!
*Smith residents only; sophomores living in Smith are required to have a full meal plan.
SAFETY AND SANITATION UPDATES
- The only entrance for the Food Court is across from the Bookstore. To ensure social distancing and the safety of our Metz workers, no guest will be permitted to re-enter the Food Court near the cash registers.
- The capacity in the Food Court will be 18 customers. There will be directional stickers on the floor guiding guests where to safely stand at the stations. A one-way traffic pattern has been established. Each guest will follow the person in front of them until they reach the desired station. The goal is to get everyone who needs meals through the food court as quickly and efficiently as possible. Do not move in front of people, wait in the line until you move to the station you need—this allows us to ensure social distancing.
- The Food Court will be closed from 3:30-4:30 p.m. each day for a thorough sanitation.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available throughout the Food Court. Please sanitize your hands before using the beverage machines.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE STATIONS
- Main Plate: We will feature your favorite “meals from home” as well as an assortment of ethnic cuisine, health focused and vegan/vegetarian options.
- Salad Station: Two-three boxed salad options per day. Both entrée and side sized available.
- Grill: Three daily specials will be provided that rotate between lunch and dinner. Pasta dishes and Pizza will rotate daily. Due to safety measures of social distancing and reduced capacity within the food court there will not be time to process any special orders.
QUICK TIPS ON HOW TO USE YOUR MEAL PLAN
- No ID, No food! Verbal ID numbers will not be accepted.
- Aux points will be carried over from fall semester to spring semester only.
- Disposable to-go containers are $.30 cents per container. You will not be charged for food already pre-packaged in containers.
- Please do not take plates, silverware, and glasses outside of the Pilla Student Union. If items are found in student residence hall rooms, a fine may apply. No reusable items will be allowed in the cafe. No reusable clam shells. No reusable soup containers. No reusable Cups / Thermos.
- You will have to get back into line to get a refills of fountain drinks.
WHEN TO USE MEAL SWIPES
- You can use up to 4 meal swipes per day. These may be used for you, or you may swipe for a guest.
- When you swipe for a meal and sit and eat in the Pilla Student Union, you may come back for seconds within a 45 minute period. In order to receive seconds, you must present the receipt you are given when you originally checked out, you must obtain a new container and you must get back into line.
- Desserts are included in the meal swipe and will be individually packaged.
- Fountain drinks are part of the meal plan. Refills are permitted but you must obtain a new cup and go back in line. Bottled beverages can be purchased with aux points.
WHEN TO USE AUX POINTS
- If you use a meal swipe but also want to purchase retail or items to-go, aux points will be used.
- ANY pre-packaged item or item with a UPC barcode. This includes but is not limited to: all bottled beverages, yogurt, chips, pre-wrapped cookies, pre-packaged & specialty desserts.
- To pay for a meal for a guest you may use aux points or a meal swipe.
- Aux Points can also be used in the new café in the Library called Besse Bites!