Dining Service Tips
How to use your meal plan
- No ID, No food! –verbal ID numbers will not be accepted.
- Aux points and meal swipes must be used by the end of the semester. Unused points and meal do not carry over.
- Disposable to-go containers are 30 cents per container. Please consider purchasing a “Metz Approved” reusable container. The three compartment container is $4.45 and the soup container is $2.65. These can be purchase at the registers with your Aux points.
- If you purchase your meal in a to-go container, you can’t come back into the food court for additional portions of food (unless you pay for it).
- Please do not take plates, silverware, and glasses outside of the Pilla Building.
When to use Meal Swipes
- You are able to use up to 4 meal swipes per day.
- Save your swipes for times that you are able to eat in the Pilla Dining Area and enjoy the benefits of the “all you can eat” option (which includes any hot food item from any station that is out and pre-cooked. This includes the salad bar and deli).
- You have the opportunity to come back for seconds (that will be consumed in Pilla) within a 45 minute period and you must present the receipt you are given when you originally check out & your ID. You cannot fill up a to-go container with seconds.
- Desserts out on plates (not pre-packaged) are part of the meal plan.
- Fountain drinks are part of the meal plan – please use the coffee and soda cups that are provided.
When to use Auxilary Points:
- Chicken tenders, wings, and mozzarella sticks can only be purchased using auxiliary points.
- If you use a meal swipe but also want to purchase retail (or to-go) items, then aux points will be used.
- ANY pre-packaged item - this includes but is not limited to: bottled beverages, yogurt, chips, pre-packaged salads & sandwiches, pre-packaged & specialty desserts.
- If you would like to pay for a meal for a guest you will use your aux points or a meal swipe.
- There is a $25.00 (per day limit) on aux points during the last three weeks of fall and spring semester.
The Cafe provides a wide variety of prepackaged items. Fresh desserts, cappuccino\espresso drinks, a wide variety of bottled beverages, snacks, Chef Fresh salads, sandwiches and side dishes. This area is available all day long to provide you with a cool refreshing beverage, snack or meal on the run