Dining Service Tips
WHEN TO USE AUX POINTS
- If you use a meal swipe but also want to purchase retail or items to-go, aux points will be used.
- ANY pre-packaged item or item with a UPC barcode. This includes but is not limited to: all bottled beverages, yogurt, chips, pre-wrapped cookies, pre-packaged & specialty desserts.
- To pay for a meal for a guest you may use aux points or a meal swipe.
- Aux Points can also be used in the new café in the Library called Besse Bites!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE STATIONS
- Main Plate: We will feature your favorite “meals from home” as well as an assortment of ethnic cuisine, health focused and vegan/vegetarian options.
- Salad Station: Full service with local toppings and a selection of dressings (50% house-made)
- Grill: Made-to-order grill items and one daily special will be provided that rotate between lunch and dinner. Pasta dishes and Pizza will rotate daily.
QUICK TIPS ON HOW TO USE YOUR MEAL PLAN
- No ID, No food! Verbal ID numbers will not be accepted.
- Disposable to-go containers are $.30 cents per container. You will not be charged for food already pre-packaged in containers.
- Please do not take plates, silverware, and glasses outside of the Pilla Student Union. If items are found in student residence hall rooms, a fine may apply.
WHEN TO USE MEAL SWIPES
- You can use up to 4 meal swipes per day. These may be used for you, or you may swipe for a guest.
- When you swipe for a meal and sit and eat in the Pilla Student Union, you may come back for seconds within a 45 minute period.
- Desserts are included in the meal swipe
- Fountain drinks are part of the meal plan. Refills are permitted. Bottled beverages can be purchased with aux points.
Allergy Disclaimer: We make every effort to identify ingredients that may cause allergic reactions for those individuals with food allergies. Items marked gluten friendly are made with no gluten-containing ingredients. Effort is made to instruct our food production staff on the severity of food allergies. Because of the number of meals served and the number of items used each day, along with food product changes from our food vendors, it cannot be guaranteed that every allergen in the food served will be identified and labeled. The possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change the formulation at any time, without notice also exists. Guests concerned with food allergies must be aware of this risk. We cannot assume any liability for adverse reactions to food consumed, or items one may come in contact with while eating at any Metz Culinary Management-operated facility or catered event. Guests with life threatening food allergies who may need to use an epi-pen should be carrying their own. Our team members are NOT trained to administer epi-pens and CANNOT provide or administer them.